EU citizens | Undutchables
Zw Header

EU citizen

EU citizens and their families have a right to move to another EU country as long as certain requirements are met. An EU citizen has the right to live in an EU country which is not their country of origin as long as they meet the requirements for right of residence through work, studies or with sufficient means. In Sweden you simply need to register with the Swedish Tax Agency.

As a Nordic citizen (citizen from Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Finland,Sweden) you are also considered as an EU citizen. You do not need to apply for permits to live in Sweden. If your family are citizens of a non-EU country they can live with you in Sweden as long as you have right of residence. In this case, your family should apply for a residence card in accordance with EU rules.

EU countries include:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom

For more information: Migrationsverkret

Become a member

Would you like to receive our Undutchables Newsletter? In this newsletter we will give you guidance on working in the Netherlands or in Sweden and working with internationals, let you know about upcoming events and share interesting articles.