Working Holiday Scheme | Undutchables
Zw Header

Working Holiday Scheme

The working holiday scheme enables Canadian, Australian New Zealand and South Korean citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 to work in Sweden for a maximum of one year.

You apply for the working holiday scheme at the Swedish Embassy in your country. If you pass the necessary requirements, you will receive a temporary residence permit. With this permit, you are allowed to work in Sweden for a maximum of one year.  After you have received your decision and entered Sweden you should book an appointment as soon as possible to submit your fingerprints and be photographed.

In order to obtain a work permit, you must

  • be a citizen of Australia, Canada, New Zealand or South Korea
  • be 18–30 years old
  • have a valid passport
  • have at least SEK 15,000 so that you can support yourself initially in Sweden
  • have a return ticket or enough money to buy one
  • have a valid health insurance policy (unless you are a citizen of Australia)
  • not bring any children with you.

For more information: Migrationsverkret

Become a member

Would you like to receive our Undutchables Newsletter? In this newsletter we will give you guidance on working in the Netherlands or in Sweden and working with internationals, let you know about upcoming events and share interesting articles.